- Sunday 20 August:
1pm – 6pm
- Monday 21 August:
3pm – 7pm
- $60 per person
Your ticket includes ALL wine tastings, demonstration sessions and a range of complimentary gourmet nibbles and snacks served throughout the session
Combine fascinating cookery demonstrations with the opportunity to taste a wide range of New Zealand and discover a host of Aromatic International White Wines.
Each of our 45-minute demonstrations will cover current kitchen innovations and trends, and will inspire your own culinary adventures.
Join leading New Zealand wineries plus importers of wine from around the world who will provide a selection of exciting wines to sample, which are available for purchase in our retail store.
Completing your admission is a range of complimentary gourmet nibbles and snacks served throughout the session.
- Smoking Gun.
12pm Sunday & 4pm Monday
Explore the art of smoking and how to transform textures and flavours from simple to spectacular.
- Know your dough.
2pm Sunday & 6pm Monday
Discover how one simple dough recipe can be used to create a variety of yeasty bread produce.
- Fermented Fare.
4pm Sunday & 7pm Monday
Uncover the fizz and froth of fermented foods and learn more about their health benefits.
- Rieslings with Michael Jemison
2pm Sunday & 6pm Monday
Taste and discover how versatile German Rieslings can age and develop over decades.
- Aromatic Whites with Joelle Thomson
4pm Sunday & 4pm Monday
Learn how alternative aromatic white wines are challenging the old wine favourites.
Please view the list of wineries attending.
Practical: Sharpen Up: Knife Skills
Learn how to sharpen and care for your knives in this instructive practical class taught by our chef tutors in our professional kitchen. You will then use your newly sharpened knives to learn a variety of vegetable cuts and useful skills to transform your prowess in the kitchen. Take home your sharp knives and everything you make. Our small classes, hands-on learning and one-on-one tutor support provide a memorable and worthwhile experience in the kitchen, and you will gain skills you can use again and again.
- Sunday 20 August: 11am – 1.30pm
- $110 per person. Includes practical class and W&F Celebration General Admission Sunday Entry
- Presenter: Philippe Meyer
Practical: Feel the Heat: BBQ & Chilli
Join Chef Clint Davies of Morepork BBQ in Ponsonby who will share his knowledge from working in incredible kitchens in the US, and now his own speciality restaurant. This practical class will teach you how to expertly grill meat on the BBQ, plus gain the dark art of working with chilli as you use different varieties to make rubs and seasoning.
- Monday 21 August: 5pm – 7pm
- $75 per person. Includes practical class in our professional kitchen, meat feast and W&F Celebration General Admission Monday Entry
- Presenter: Clint Davies
Masterclass: Discover Saké
Wayne Shennen, Sommelier of Auckland’s Ebisu restaurant is one of New Zealand’s authorities on Japan’s most famous beverage. This entertaining and informative Masterclass session includes the opportunity to sample a range of high quality sakés plus unlock the mysteries of food matching.
- Monday 21 August: 5pm – 6pm
- $60 per person. Includes masterclass, range of sakes to taste and food matches, and W&F Celebration General Admission Monday Entry
- Presenter Wayne Shennen
SOLD OUT: #Foodography Dinner
Bring a friend and learn how to unlock the secrets behind taking and sharing mouth-watering food and drink photos while styling your own 6 course dinner.
How it works
- Find a friend – we are doing this as a duo
- Bring a smart phone
- Sign-up for Instagram
- Bring your favourite plates to personalise your food styling (optional as our standard white plates with be available)
- 4pm: Arrive for a one hour presentation covering tips on phone photo techniques, lighting and food styling by our chefs
- 5pm: There will be 6 separate stations with fresh and cooked condiments have been prepared by our chefs for you to select and style your dish... condiments will range from coriander leaves to hot noodles to coffee caviar and many more
You have 20 minutes at each station before a bell rings to move to the next.
Try some unusual wines and colourful cocktails. You can then sit down and eat your creations.
Lots of fun and laughs plus you will refine your food blogging skills.
And there’s a prize
Win a gastronomic dinner for two at Clooney Restaurant. Based on voting and sharing
- Saturday 19 August: 4pm – 10pm
- $150 for two people. Includes techniques, practical sessions, all meal ingredients and beverages
Practical Sold Out: Restaurant Guest Chef
An exclusive, limited opportunity to join visiting chef Samir Allen from Metro’s Top 50 Restaurants 2017 restaurant Gemmayze St to create a one-off celebration dinner. Learn the secrets of Lebanese cuisine using authentic flavours in innovative combinations as you cook in our professional kitchen alongside our chefs. After your hard work in the kitchen, it’s time to enjoy a private tasting session of exciting Lebanese wines with Sommelier Federico Rutolo, before sitting down for dinner to enjoy the delicious feast.
- Sunday 20 August: 2pm – 10pm
- $135 per person. Includes practical class with guest chef Samir Allen, Lebanese wine tasting, and Lebanese Celebration Dinner
- Presenter: Samir Allen
Tickets - Sold Out
Celebration Dinner: Sold Out Four Course Lebanese Feast
Attend an private wine tasting of exciting Lebanese wines with Sommelier Federico Rutolo followed by an exclusive dinner celebrating the authentic flavours of Lebanese cuisine, cooked with skill and passion by visiting guest chef Samir Allen from Auckland’s Gemmayze St restaurant. This exciting new restaurant, voted in Metro’s Top 50 Restaurants 2017, is setting the standard for Middle Eastern Cuisine, combining traditional ingredients with innovative methods.
- Sunday 20 August: 6pm – 10pm
- $110 per person. Includes Lebanese wine tasting session followed by Lebanese Celebration Dinner
Tickets - Sold Out
Masterclass: Bob Campbell MW
Join Bob Campbell MW, wine writer and journalist, for a Masterclass to discover more about wine innovations and trends in an enjoyable education session. This class would suit anyone who enjoys wine, regardless of their level of knowledge.
- 21 August 6pm – 7pm
- $75 per person. Includes masterclass, range of wines to taste and W&F Celebration General Admission Monday Entry
- Presenter: Bob Campbell MW